O ur funeral home began in 1928 at Old Linn Creek when Miss Abbie Bankson decided to open her first "undertaking establishment". She was the only licensed embalmer in Camden County at the time. When the lake was formed and Camdenton was founded, she opened the Abbie Bankson Funeral Home in Camdenton. In 1934, she married B.E. Woolery and they changed the name to Bankson-Woolery Funeral Home.
In 1956 the Reed family assumed the operation of the funeral home and moved to its current location on North Highway 5 and the name was changed to Reed Funeral Home. The Reed's operated the funeral home until 1972.
The funeral home was then assumed by the Allee family and the name changed to Allee-Reed Funeral Home. In 1985 Allee Memorial Gardens was established to serve the community.
In 2000 the Holman-Howe family of funeral homes began operation of the funeral home and we are now known as Allee-Holman-Howe Funeral Home. Kenneth and Valerie Howe represent the third generation of ownership in Holman-Howe Funeral Homes. The Howes also own funeral homes in Hartville, Mansfield, Seymour with the home office in Lebanon, Missouri.
We are proud to embrace the tradition of the founders of the business, yet we are always looking to embark in new areas that will make services more meaningful for the families we serve.